Dr. Jesús Bores-Lazo
Specialised in Corporate Law, Competition Law, Intellectual and Industrial Property, European and International Law. He has practised internationally in Seville, Brussels, Washington and Latin America.
He has been a consultant to the European Union, IDB, World Bank, SICA, UNDP, OSCE and other multilateral financial institutions, advising on legal and commercial matters in more than forty countries.
He is a lecturer and professor in his fields of expertise at numerous business schools and training institutions in Europe and the Americas.
Doctor of Law (Washington College of Law – American Univ. and the Univ. of Seville) and Master in European and Comparative Law from the Univ. of Maastricht. Degree in Law (Seville, 1995) and Degree in Political Science (UNED, 1999).
He speaks Spanish, English and French.
Areas of Expertise
- Corporate Law
- International Law
Professional and Academic Activities
- Seville Bar Association (1997 to date)
- Specialised in Corporate Law, Competition Law, Intellectual and Industrial Property, European and International Law.
- Practising lawyer and member of the Seville Bar Association since 1997.
- International consultant since 1999 for the European Commission, IDB, USAID, UNDP, OSCE and other multilateral organisations and cooperation agencies in more than 40 countries in Europe, Latin America, the Middle East, Asia and Africa.
- International practice of Law in Brussels (1997-2001), Washington D.C. (2013-14) and Latin America (2009-12 and 1015-19).
- Lawyer at Gómez-Acebo & Pombo, Bores, Corradini & Puech Abogados, Bores y Cía Abogados, Avrio-Advocati and collaborator with other international law firms.
- Lecturer at several national and international Universities, Postgraduate Centres and Business Schools since 1998 (Europaische Recht Academy, ICAS, EOI, UPO, Univ. Sevilla, CAJASOL, Universidad Landivar, UPANA, Univ. Portucalense, American University, etc.).
- Numerous publications and development of projects for the European Union in the fields of judicial and legal reforms, free trade agreements, competition law and private sector development.
- Doctor of Laws, Washington College of Law – American University
- PhD in Law, University of Seville
- Master’s Degree in European and Comparative Law, Maastricht University
- Law Degree, University of Seville
- Degree in Political Science, Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia (Spanish National University of Distance Education)
- Numerous national and international training courses in his areas of specialisation.
You Deserve The Best Lawyers
We have more than 25 years of experience in different areas of the legal profession
“Great professionals and better people. Good advice and they have my full trust”
Professional soccer player
“I have found the confidence and legal support of a business law advisor who has provided us with valuable professional services in our international development: negotiation and drafting of commercial agreements, company acquisitions, protection of our intellectual property rights, etc. Lawyers with knowledge, experience and global vision are essential for companies like AGQ Labs”
CEO and Executive Chairman of Agq Labs
“We worked together for 8 years in Spain and then throughout Europe, in a wide range of areas; in particular international, corporate, mergers and acquisitions, labour and tax. He was the perfect advisor: expert in his subject matter, always producing work of the highest quality, on time and quickly became more of an advisor than a lawyer. He is the quintessential professional and I would work with him again at any time.”
Founder and Counsel of Brockmans Gin. Former President Europe Allied Domecq