Carlos Durán Poveda
Specialised in corporate law, international law, civil law and litigation, he has practised internationally in Madrid and Munich.
He has extensive experience in providing in-house legal advice to leading national and international companies and law firms.
In addition to his professional activity, he is currently a professor of Ethics and Law in the University Rey Juan Carlos in Madrid, and has taught at the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid and the Universidad Camilo José Cela. He holds a degree in Law (Madrid, 1993).
He speaks Spanish, English and German.
Areas of Expertise
- Corporate Law
- International Law
- Civil Law
- Procedural Law
Professional and Academic Activities
- Specialised in Corporate Law, International Law, Civil Law and Procedural Law.
- Practising lawyer and member of the Madrid Bar Association from 2000 to date.
- International practice of law in Munich (1996)
- Attorney at law at Bufete Rodrigo, Ramón C. Pelayo Abogados and Senior Associate at Baker & McKenzie
- Lecturer at several universities from 1996 to date (Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Universidad Camilo José Cela and Universidad Rey Juan Carlos).
- Deputy Director of the Legal Department of the Globalia Group (2004-2016) and Director of the Legal Department of its hotel division -Be Live Hotels- (2014-2016).
- Lecturer on contemporary legal matter
- Degree in Law, Universidad Complutense de Madrid.
- Completion of Doctorate courses in Private Law at the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid.
- Numerous national training courses in his areas of specialisation.
You Deserve The Best Lawyers
We have more than 25 years of experience in different areas of the legal profession
“Great professionals and better people. Good advice and they have my full trust”
Professional soccer player
“I have found the confidence and legal support of a business law advisor who has provided us with valuable professional services in our international development: negotiation and drafting of commercial agreements, company acquisitions, protection of our intellectual property rights, etc. Lawyers with knowledge, experience and global vision are essential for companies like AGQ Labs”
CEO and Executive Chairman of Agq Labs
“We worked together for 8 years in Spain and then throughout Europe, in a wide range of areas; in particular international, corporate, mergers and acquisitions, labour and tax. He was the perfect advisor: expert in his subject matter, always producing work of the highest quality, on time and quickly became more of an advisor than a lawyer. He is the quintessential professional and I would work with him again at any time.”
Founder and Counsel of Brockmans Gin. Former President Europe Allied Domecq